Editing/Capturing DV footage w/ "rolling" TC in FCP

I am very new at this, and what I am asking might be very simple... I was shooting a concert with two cameras and separate soung recorder. No TC Generator. One camera (AG-DVX100B) was set to have a "rolling" TC to allow me to start and stop recording at any time. When I captured this footage in FCP, it generated separate clips from each uninterapted part of the recording. When I throw them in the timeline for synchronization with the sound and to create a multiclip, all of the clips bunched-up together w/o creating gaps. Though, I still see proper TC in each clip. Since there are several hundreds of these clips that are not being placed properly in the timeline, it is a chalenge.

Please, help! Am I doing something wrong in capturing? Or there is some kind of setting/technik in FCP that I am missing? Thanks

did you try with DV Start Stop detect function?

bye!

GT

I am very new at this, and what I am asking might be very simple... I was shooting a concert with two cameras and separate soung recorder. No TC Generator. One camera (AG-DVX100B) was set to have a "rolling" TC to allow me to start and stop recording at any time. When I captured this footage in FCP, it generated separate clips from each uninterapted part of the recording. When I throw them in the timeline for synchronization with the sound and to create a multiclip, all of the clips bunched-up together w/o creating gaps. Though, I still see proper TC in each clip. Since there are several hundreds of these clips that are not being placed properly in the timeline, it is a chalenge.

Please, help! Am I doing something wrong in capturing? Or there is some kind of setting/technik in FCP that I am missing? Thanks