Super 8 camera shop screwed me.

Jonathan Ragland

:( Too bad for you...hope they'll manage to fix it (at least).

I was intending to buy some stuff from them...doesn't seem really pro.

How about the repair cost ? Do you have anything to pay (other than shipping) ? Hope not !

Let us know the end of the story and good luck ! ;)

Camera recieved not working. They wont refund only repair, at $40 a pop shipping each way it's over the value of the camera. He just makes excuse after excuse. I'm , well, upset to say the least. The very least.

They have a hand of sending broken goods to paying customers.

It is a way to take hostages and let others pay for the broken goods they accidently acquired.

Their website clearly states 90 days garantee and at their idiotic price level

they should service to the full and should pay for the shipping in and out too. It is not an accidental broken item. They are fully responsible.

Also, they work under german law and are required to take anything back on postal orders. Broken or not.

German police is very much unto this kind of fraudulent sellers. These can easily be reached through email and website. Very likely the seller will give in very quickly as they cannot afford to be exposed to the income tax office. Which will happen when they get fined or punished through court doings.

Edited by Andries Molenaar

Camera recieved not working. They wont refund only repair, at $40 a pop shipping each way it's over the value of the camera. He just

I feel your pain/anger Jonathan:

At the sake of repeating myself, I am copying what I posted on another thread where the topic concerned a member who bought a Nizo from a "reputable" German dealer. I wrote about my experience and with this topic I hope to make others aware. I'm also sending Uhmeyer this link (he does in fact read his emails..he justs seems very selective in who/how he answers).

I hope I'm not breaking any "cross posting" rules if they exist.

-------------------------------------

I bought the same model from Super 8 Camera in Germany, It never really worked. The drive mechanism would sputter and stop, with 5 different cartridges I tested. The same cartridges worked fine in 5 other cameras I have The black button at the auto/manual knob was missing. When I wrote Uhmeyer he told me it just needed "petrol", and that I may do it by opening the camera.

I had ordered a 1014 Canon at the same time which got hung up at customs in JFK in NY. The tracking site said it was out of customs, but I never received it. I wrote him again and again and got no response, not until I opened a dispute claim with Paypal and decided in my favor, mostly due to the fact that he didn't respond to Paypal. When he did write he said he opened a tracking report with the German post, and it may take up to 90 days for the "investigations" report.

After all this, I wrote him about replacing or refunding the S560, he wrote back:

What is with the Canon 1014 - did you received it?

You can send it to repair - please ONLY the camera.

Best regards

Uhmeyer

Seems he was more concerned with the 1014 than the state of the S560. Along with this I'll mention that the entire camera and case reeked of cigarette smoke, and still does.

I took the money I got back from him and bought the 1014 at Du-All Camera in NYC.

I know this may seem like I'm flaming the guy, but I don't care. Had I not taken measures I would have been out $560 for the 1014. As it is now I'm out $250 for the S560. Yes he did say I may return it, but at this point what's to stop him from keeping it and not repairing (since he already took a hit for the 1014).

My advice is don't bother fixing, adjusting, troubleshooting anything..send it back. The deal when he sold it was that it was working...it's not. Doesn't matter if it was from the same place I bought mine from. Selling crappy equipment to people when and advertising it as "working" is not cool.

Just as a follow up, I purchased the same model from Ebay from someone who is familiar with Super 8 cameras. Received it just as he said...clean lens, free from corrosion, everything functional. Cosmetically in great shape. It was a pleasure to hold and test it.

My point is I hope this experience doesn't put you off from pursuing the Super 8 experience any further.

Good Luck

Art