Rachel Getting Married

"Silence of the lambs" is my all-time-favourite movie and I think Jonathan Demme did a fantastic work (+script + actors) which actually surpassed the book it is based on.

So I was eager to see a new movie from him - Anne Hathaway? Whatever, when somebody can push actors to their limits, it's Jonathan Demme.

But I was shocked when I saw the trailer!

A Dogma '95-movie? A German no-budget-social-drama? Shacky digital pictures with no lighting, no style - nothing! Is this really necessary? Is it just me who doesn't understand the documentary-style-approach of Dogma-movies, blairwitch, cloverfield!? Am I the only one who HATED "dancer in the dark" (the music was great...)?

Wouldn't support (= enhance the storytelling) a descent cinematography such a project (especially because of much dialogue)?

Is this actually what cinema is made for? Or is it the "youtube-generation"? Would he have chosen at least shacky 35mm-hand-cameras if there would be no HD available?

Am I ignorant? A dumb mainstream-guy?

I'm worried, I think I will get the DVD but I won't be able to stare at this on the big screen for 2 hours...