Cine Kodak K-100 serial numbers

Patrick Neary

Hi-

Does anyone have or know of any kind of serial number reference for these cameras?

I found one for old Hawkeye brownies that decodes the letter/number sequence on those fun little cameras, and I'm wondering if such a thing exists for the K100 series.

thanks-

Hi-

Does anyone have or know of any kind of serial number reference for these cameras?

I found one for old Hawkeye brownies that decodes the letter/number sequence on those fun little cameras, and I'm wondering if such a thing exists for the K100 series.

thanks-

I would try this link. It might be worth a call:

http://www.eastmanhouse.org/inc/the_museum...-technology.php

Also, there is a guy (Mike from Omaha) probably knows if it exists:

http://messages.cinekodak.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54

Hope that helps. I have a Cine 100 myself and love the images it takes.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hepburn

Thanks for those links! I would have tried the cinekodak forum, but it won't let me register.

Is the serial number on your K100 a letter/number combination? On the hawkeyes certain letters correspond to dates of mfgr. and I was wondering if the letter-code was Kodak-wide or just for those particular cameras.

Hi-

From my internet research it seems that the serial #7691 suggests the following:

7= the camera was manufactured in 1956

6= a single lens model

9= the camera was to be assembled by long-time employee Sam Poindexter, but...

1= he called in sick that day, and Luther Fuller did the actual work, although the combination of the #s 7&6 preceding suggest that Fuller was unable to complete the entire assembly due to recurring arthritis, and the work was finished off by some nameless drone on the following monday.

Or it might be the 7691st camera to come off the line, one or the other! :)

"6= a single lens model"

Oooh, I'm sorry, but thanks for playing Patrick :lol:

K_100.jpg

That's really cool research though Patrick. I'll be it was fun to do it. I love a bit of history. I've got to tell you that I love this camera though. What a workhorse.

Tom

ok I'll stop making stuff up now-

So the only tidbit I've found is that Kodak seemed to use the code "CAMEROSITY" for more than one still camera line, and presumably some of the cine cameras as well, with C=1, A=2, etc. so that an "RC" preceding the numbers would mean that a camera was manufactured in '51, or 1951.

Tom, does your K-100 have two letters preceding the 4-digit number?