fog machines...smoke...creating the early morning haze

Hi, I am DPing a music video and I want one of the interiors to looks pretty soft and feel early in the morning the best way I see to do this would be to "smoke" the room...I think that is the correct terminology...we will be using a large HMI source outside the building to light most of the scene so I think the effect of the smoke could be very good. Im just curious what type of equipment is usually used to do this. the room is about 30ft x 25ft .

thanks for any info!

• Premium Member
Hi, I am DPing a music video and I want one of the interiors to looks pretty soft and feel early in the morning the best way I see to do this would be to "smoke" the room...I think that is the correct terminology...we will be using a large HMI source outside the building to light most of the scene so I think the effect of the smoke could be very good. Im just curious what type of equipment is usually used to do this. the room is about 30ft x 25ft .

thanks for any info!

I much prefer a hazer, like the Rosco DF 50 myself. Smoke tends to be a little too..well..smokey !!!

Hazer's create a more subtle texture. It seems to be atmosphere without it looking like a bunch of chain smoking types have been in the room !!

jb