"The Office"

Hello,

After a very long wait, I've finally got the recently released "The Office" final 2 episodes christmas special on DVD.

I thought it was very hilarious & well out together. So simple yet so smart.

Does anyone have any tech details as to what video format was used, how it was edited or any other tech details?

Any info would be great!

There is a bit of info on the site (www.bbc.co.uk/theoffice) which talks about what was rehearsed and what was adlib and how getting the correct documentary feel was tricky.

I love the show aswell, it is in my opinion one of the few shows that really captures a genuine feeling of a real environment. Kudos to them also for knowing when to quit while they're ahead, although i'd love to see more.

I love the show aswell, it is in my opinion one of the few shows that really captures a genuine feeling of a real environment.  Kudos to them also for knowing when to quit while they're ahead, although i'd love to see more.

my thoughts exactly.. it was sad to see it end but they definetely finished on a high note.

the funny thing is I usually dont like British comedy... The Office is my favourite now...

I've heard there is going to be an american version of "The Office", is this true?

I'm not too sure but i read somewhere that they are making an American version (produced by Ricky Gervais etc) but i think with a new cast and set in an American office.

I'm a little skeptical since Ricky and Stephen have already said that they've used all their office ideas up - based on their own office experience in the UK. Where are their new ideas about an American office coming from?

I'm not sure if the The Office verson_US is still on, but when I first heard about the possibility, the first words out of my mouth were, "god help us." I can't imagine a good reason for bringing the show to the US when it already runs on BBC America, is widely available on DVD and is damn near perfect as it is. I'm really worried that any revisions for the US market are just going to dumb the show down--not that it's exactly high-brow as it is--but it is subtle in comparison to most US programming. I hope Gervais and Merchant got enough money so that their souls will be sufficiently calmed when the new version tarnishes the old.

Coupling "was Americanised"????!!!! LOL!!!!! The original Coupling was nothing more than a cheap British imitation of Friends for Goddness sakes...

Oh, I can't take it anymore...

The characters were adapted to an american version so that people may understand it.

Anyway with Dilbert why bother make an american version of The Office, part of what makes it interesting to a british audience is that it's shot in Slough and at least in series two we see the difference in attitude between Slough and another city.