Nizo Power Zoom Switch

Alessandro Malfatti

I need some help here, the power zoom switch on my Nizo 156 is the problem this time, apparently the rear switch position (the one that increases focal length) is too sensitive, it's activated only if I barely touch it with my finger, it even activates if I move the camera up really quick. Problem is, it gets a little stuck at times, so it just zooms in until I touch the other end, which, not surprisingly, is less sensitive than I think it should be. My idea was to open the two little screws on the film compartment side, in front of the compartment door hinges, as to release the body panel under which I hope to find the problem. But I'm not really sure it will do, just by removing those two screws. There's a little plug on that panel, which could be a problem, and there's the daylight / tungsten switch (which doesn't seem to be a problem, but maybe if someone has a similar camera he understands where I mean.) I'm going to look for my digital camera, to try and post a pic, but that's always a hassle, so it'll take a while. If no one has any suggestions I fear that I'll have to get the camera to a repair shop, but that would be a total emergency solution, that place is good, but fu**ing expensive...