where to building in reference to sun

Here is some of the technical info

Super 16mm

kodak 250D

The art department is building the facad of a house for a short film I'll be shooting soon. the shoot will be almost all day time exterior and take place in the front yard of the suppossed house. I am curious about what direction I should tell them to face the facade in order to best take advantage of the sunlight throughout the day.

The story calls for a severe drought. So, there won't be many trees or other natural shade; just the house against a clear horizon.

I am fairly limited in the ammount of equipment I'll be using:

12x12 butterfly kit with single, double, china silk, gryphlon, silver

6x6 butterfly kit with the same wrags as 12x12

(possibly) a 20x20 butterfly with double, single, china silk, and quarter grid cloth.

2 arrisun 1.200k HMIs

6x6 shiny board

several 4x4 show cards

The surrounding landscape is fairly neutral-so twhat we'll see in the background isn't a huge concern.

As I look over the location to make my decision, I'm running into constant "give and take."

My instinct would be to face the structure with it's back towards the East. That way, we can shoot wide shots in the early morning by using the reflected light from the 12x12 to fill in the shadows on the front. Then, as the day wears on, I can put the butter fly kit up behind the camera to diffuse the sun.

But, will the reflected light be enough for fill? Or, will I end up having to decide whether to let the sky go blow out or the house go dark?

Thanks,

Rick