Colour Meters

David Bradley

Hello All.

Work have an old minolta colour meter 2 gathering dust in the store so I thought I'd take a peek before asking the boss to write it off. I fired it up but every time I attempt to take a reading with it I get a reading of 400K and it just sits there flashing. I've looked around to see if anyone else has had this problem as I think it might be an indication of a specific problem. Has anyone here had much experience with these meters and if so have you encountered this problem. I'd love to get this vintage gadget running again.

Also just purchased a kenco KCM-3100 - anyone used one / how do you rate it?

• Premium Member
Hello All.

Work have an old minolta colour meter 2 gathering dust in the store so I thought I'd take a peek before asking the boss to write it off. I fired it up but every time I attempt to take a reading with it I get a reading of 400K and it just sits there flashing. I've looked around to see if anyone else has had this problem as I think it might be an indication of a specific problem. Has anyone here had much experience with these meters and if so have you encountered this problem. I'd love to get this vintage gadget running again.

Also just purchased a kenco KCM-3100 - anyone used one / how do you rate it?

I'm sending my Minolta II in to be calibrated; I'll ask about that and see if I can find anything out.

I love the Minolta range & cried when they closed down. Fortunately Kenco bought their factory & I got a Kenco KCM-3100.

Very happy with it. Case is very slightly different to the Minolta but everything else is identical.

Remi

Hello Remi,

Great to see that you are part of this fantastic forum.

A question outside of the heading of this post.....

I absolutely loved "Band of Brothers" and I'm eagerly awaiting for the Pacific series...if not legally held from discussing any info, could you please give an update on the Pacific.

Cheers

Glad to know that the KCM is held in such high esteem. I was slightly worried about the build quality but it seems to be a carbon copy of the Minolta 3 - I loved the Minolta 2 so this should do nicely.

I got mine for £400 from http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/ (no I am not a sales rep but this is cheap and I thought I would pass it on.)

Remi, fantastic job on Elizabeth - it looked fantastic!

Dave