true 35mm lenses on mini-dv

afs242

I am currently in pre-production for a short which is shooting with a DVX100 or Canon XL2 with the Teknic adapter and Elite anamorphic lenses for the purpose of printing to 35mm. Has anyone had this experience that might have any suggestions or troubleshooting tips? Since we are going to be doing a DI would it make sense to just leave the softening filter (ie. BPM) for the post process or do it in principal photography? Has anyone worked with DuArt or Heavy Light Digital in Manhattan for the digital to film process with any opinions towards their experience? We will be using a steadicam with the intent to capture a German shepard running close to full speed. The location (for you manhattans) is in riverside park, a paved area. The initial idea is to work with a golf cart as the moving vehicle, but my concern is for the operator and his/her ability to safely mount themselves/or the rig to the cart. Any ideas in this arena of steaicam would be great. Any thoughts, ideas, concerns about these situations will be greatly appreciated.

I am currently in pre-production for a short which is shooting with a DVX100 or Canon XL2 with the Teknic adapter and Elite anamorphic lenses for the purpose of printing to 35mm.  Has anyone had this experience that might have any suggestions or troubleshooting tips?  Since we are going to be doing a DI would it make sense to just leave the softening filter (ie. BPM) for the post process or do it in principal photography?  Has anyone worked with DuArt or Heavy Light Digital in Manhattan for the digital to film process with any opinions towards their experience?  We will be using a steadicam with the intent to capture a German shepard running close to full speed.  The location (for you manhattans) is in riverside park, a paved area.  The initial idea is to work with a golf cart as the moving vehicle, but my concern is for the operator and his/her ability to safely mount themselves/or the rig to the cart.  Any ideas in this arena of steaicam would be great.  Any thoughts, ideas, concerns about these situations will be greatly appreciated.

get the right sized mattebox.