2nd AC for HPX-3000

Guest Blain Thrush

Guest Jake Dunkelberger

Has anyone every been 2nd AC on the HPX-3000. I am somewhat familiar with the camera just have never been out in the field with it. Can any one tell me what to look for and tips to help out. I know it uses the P2 format. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Has anyone every been 2nd AC on the HPX-3000. I am somewhat familiar with the camera just have never been out in the field with it. Can any one tell me what to look for and tips to help out. I know it uses the P2 format. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

I've 1sted it a few times, once with a p+s on it and optimo zoom and a few other times with just a fuji cinestyle. It's a great camera, the AVC Intra codec is really a beautiful thing. You probably won't need to know any of the menus thoroughly since the 1st should set all of that, but I would recommend checking out the manual before the shoot just so you are familiar with them and know a lot of the basic technical info.

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasonic/Dri..._AJ-HPX3000.pdf

-maileen

I worked on a shoot using HPX-2000's. I hadn't used them before, so I looked up the manual online and printed out specific pages, for easy reference that I thought I would need, such as a breakdown of the menus. I also made sure to pick up a copy of the full manual from the rental house.

If you are going to be be taking on the data wrangling responsibilities, make sure you set up a system to keep track clear cards and those to be downloaded. Be careful of others trying to help you out with the cards, and your system getting mixed up and something doesn't get downloaded or backed-up. For me, in addition to locking the card, I liked to put a small piece of tape on a full card (leaving a piece of the tape hanging off the side of the card as a tab) so it was obvious at a glance which cards needed to be downloaded, and the tape tab prevented it from being put back int he camera and accidentally reshot. Be careful to use only paper take and not leave a residue on the card.