Lens support for Cooke 20-60

Matthew Rogers

Hey guys, got a question for you all. I own a Cooke 20-60 that I love. Got it from Able Cine earlier this year and it's really a good piece of glass.

After talking with Matthew Duclos from Duclos Lenses and he said that my lens is just on the edge of needing a support bracket (7lbs 3 oz). But I've also never seen one that has any support brackets and I am wondering if Cooke designed it to not need a bracket. Have any of you seen another 20-60 out in the wild with or without a bracket?

If I were deciding to go ahead a get a bracket where do you suggest I buy one? I've seen the adjustable ones like Cavision or Zacuto has, but I would rather have one that "fits" my lens and is a little more sturdy. Suggestions please.

Thanks,

Matthew

Lucky you that's one nice lens!

Whenever I've rented the 20-60 it's always had a support. It's a small zoom, but it's still a chunk. I don't think I'd want to use it without a support.

Interesting. I'm kinda surprised that it didn't come with any since I bought it from Able Cine. I'd really like to find a reasonable priced support for it, but I'm kinda doubting that's gonna happen:(

Matthew