after that teal/sterile white look

Hard to tell on youtube but to me it just looks like post processing. You can just lightly tint the blacks with that green/teal that you want. Other than that its just a matter of keeping color out of your costumes and production design.

Ive managed to get that look in still photography on film without post processing, but it was luck more than anything. I basically try to see what kind of strange effects I can get with my film by leaving in the car (texas summer), microwave, etc. I think these were just from leaving them in my car a week.

post-14742-1221459135.jpg

Ill upload others later. doesn't seem to want to let me add anything else.

Edited by Mike Simpson

Sure, that is one way I can imagine going about it. The thing is, in the Story of the Year video, it is obviously a color cast as the warm tones don't share the teal/green shadows and highlights, I think it could be achieved and controlled more by using gels, lights/correction.

I guess I almost see it like the purest white reading almost a hair blue itself, like 1/8th teal tonal range...Still white, but with a pureness to it, like in the first video link. And Mike I think you are totally right about the teal/green tones in the shadows, that adds a huge amount of it.

Any suggestions on specific gels to get a light blue/teal color like in the first video about half way through?

Jeez, those last grabs look like the camera was left on the wrong color temperature. That is what it looks like from here. I have gotten some similar results by using Plus Green and like gels and mixing daylight in as well on tungsten balanced film / camera. If that is not too obvious though . . .