Canon scoopic "flickering"

Marc Cortes

hi,

I've got two canon Scoopic (MS & M) in very good shape (like new)

and I've noticed some "flickering" during videotransfers with both of them...

Is it simply because it's non-synch cameras (but i never had this problem with super-8 cameras...) or the pales of the cam that needs to be adjusted ?

Thanks for your help.

• Premium Member

I have an M and I've never seen this before. How are you transferring your film? If you're doing a film chain transfer and using a video camera of some sort to record the image, then I would say the problem begins there.

Have you ever made a print from any of your Scoopic footage? How does it look projected? That will help you shake out where the problem is.

• Premium Member

I've noticed something like that with my Scoopic MS especially on slow motion shots. Transfered on a Y-Front and my colorist was convinced it was from the camera. Haven't noticed it recently however.

Even Scoopics in good shape can have light leaks so perhaps some electrical tape around the seal might help. Also, you can get hot frames if you move your head away from the eye piece while shooting especially when the sun is behind you.

Each time, it was professional transfers used for commercials (as a B camera)

The flickering is very light... but effective compared to the A Camera.

The batteries are new.

May be it needs a revision but it's hard to find technicians in Paris for that kind of material.

Thanks for your help