Digitizing Super8

Antony Meadley

Hi;

As for UK based transfer you can use the wide screen centre for reversal, they scan on a flash scan 8 to mini DV or 10Bit uncompressed to hard drive in standard definition, very decent quality. Also Sendean cameras in soho is now offering a similar service (same gear it seems) for a very low price. If you are shooting on negative then use Todd-ao, they scan with Ursa Diamond to DigiBeta, you could then have the content transfered to hard drive by Stanly Productions on Wardour street for editing. Not so sure about scanning S8 to HD formats in the UK? Plenty in The USA like http://www.cinelicious.tv/

Regards

...If you are shooting on negative then use Todd-ao, they scan with Ursa Diamond to DigiBeta, you could then have the content transfered to hard drive by Stanly Productions on Wardour street for editing....[/url]

Todd-AO would also telecine reversal film (they just couldn't process it). I had them telecine to BetaSP with a MiniDV copy for 'preview' purposes.

Of course Todd-AO has now merged to form "Soho Film Lab". I think they still do Super8 telecine (although no 8mm processing at all). Their website isn't finished yet, but you can email for details - their 16mm prices have risen slightly since the merge, but nothing too horrendous.

Todd-AO would also telecine reversal film (they just couldn't process it). I had them telecine to BetaSP with a MiniDV copy for 'preview' purposes.

Of course Todd-AO has now merged to form "Soho Film Lab". I think they still do Super8 telecine (although no 8mm processing at all). Their website isn't finished yet, but you can email for details - their 16mm prices have risen slightly since the merge, but nothing too horrendous.

Hi;

Sure but widescreen centre's flashcan 8 transfers are in my opinion as good for reversal and cheaper by far.

Regards