Remote control for ACL?

Nick Norton

Does anyone know of a remote switch to run the Eclair ACL?

Are there any 16mm cameras that you can easily find a remote switch for?

(To clarify: Something to operate the shutter while away from the camera)

Thanks-

Nicholas

Operate the shutter?

You mean start and stop the motor. Never heard or seen one for the ACL, but Aaton LTR and above can take them for sure. Tons of other cameras can accept them, from the mid eigthies pretty much all major camera manufacturers have implemented them.

The best thing I could suggest is buying a long power cable, unplugging it to the battery, while connected to the camera on the other end. Then setting the camera on the jib or whatever with the switch on ( to run) and when the time comes connecting the power cable to the battery, since the camera is set to run it will start running film then.

Ghetto, but it would work. Just remember to darken the eyepiece when you are not looking through the viewfinder and the camera is running or the footage will be ruined!

Edited by Saul Rodgar

Does anyone know of a remote switch to run the Eclair ACL?

Are there any 16mm cameras that you can easily find a remote switch for?

(To clarify: Something to operate the shutter while away from the camera)

Thanks-

Nicholas

Hi Nicholas,

You keep asking the most absurd questions which seem to relate more to a stamp collector's worry than to anything close to film-making.

Regards,

Marc.

That sounds like a great idea.

Would you recommend just buying a long 4 pin XLR to 4 pin XLR cable?

Thanks-

Nicholas

Yeah, you can buy the longest 4 pin male-female XLR power cable you can find. And you can connect several of them together for extra long runs. At some point the power will sag, so I don't recommend going over 20-30 feet.

Hi Nicholas,

You keep asking the most absurd questions which seem to relate more to a stamp collector's worry than to anything close to film-making.

Regards,

Marc.

Although i would absolutely love to simply attain the most sacred, historical pieces of film equipment to place in a hardbound album, this question actually relates to a very specific film i would like to make which requires the use of such a remote to accomplish my vision.

Thanks for your help though-

Nicholas