Chapman \isher Dolly in India

XiaoSu Han

Hi

we are currently preparing a short film to be shot in northern india and are looking for a chapman/fisher/panther dolly or something similar with a movable up-and-down base.

we have been only looking in delhi so far and could only find manual dollys.

thanks for any hints in the right direction.

regards from moussoorie, xax

Edited by XiaoSu Han

Welcome to India,

You will find very little worthwhile equipment in Delhi. Mumbai is the biggest centre for the film business. Hyderabad and Chennai have big rental houses as well. Warwick is correct about the fisher and chapman dollies. This is primarily due to the fact that government import laws do not allow equipment to be brought in on long term lease. I bring fisher and chapman dollies to india on a project basis . I own the new panther classic dollies and lots of other grip equipment. You can take a look on my website www.thegripworks.com

Regards

Sanjay Sami

Key Grip

The Grip Works

hi sanjay

it might be possible that you already have been contacted by our line producer, dinesh

we are probably getting an arco dolly from mumbai as it seems at the moment

i also got your contact from markus huersch, lovely greetings from him!!

we also might be interested in building a car rig ourselves, we are just looking for those forged double couplers, do you know where me might find such stuff?

here are a few pictures for reference: http://www.alps-scaffolding.com/Scaffolding%20Fittings.htm

as we are on a very low budget, we can't afford to rent a car rig or hire riggers all the time.

thanks for the information so far, regards