Shooting 2fps with Nizo 561?

ben croce

Hello all,

Just joined up and would really appreciate some of your expert advice for shooting time-lapse with a recently purchased Nizo 561 Macro (which is being shipped to me as I write this).

I want to shoot a sequence from the point of view of my bicycle and give the impression I'm zooming around my home town. I was inspired by this You Tube vid shot on Super 8:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tm7FSMlNe4I

The film maker had attached a mechanism which made the camera expose a frame each time the front wheel completed a revolution - clever stuff...but involves complicated engineering that I could not get my head around!! From the info the film maker gave me I calculated that he was probably shooting 2 fps approx. I'm still unclear as to whether this could be achieved (shooting at roughly 2fps) on the Nizo 561...and if so, how?

If anyone can shed some light on this I would be very, very greatful!

Cheers,

Benjie

2 frames per second is a pretty good number to try. If you are going 10 miles an hour, that would be the equivalent of 120 miles per hour at 24 frames per second playback, or 90 miles an hour at 18 frames per second playback.

Thanks Alessandro. I agree, 2fps looks like the best rate - but any idea whether I can shoot at this speed on the Nizo 561?

Cheers,

Benjie

any idea whether I can shoot at this speed on the Nizo 561?

Benjie

Yes you can. It will be one of the intervalometer settings. Someone here may know the exact setting (they are not marked) but you should be able to listen and figure out which one clicks every two seconds.

If at first you don't find one that clicks at the correct rate switch the fps dial (18/24/54) as it is coupled with the intervalometer dial.

Rick