64t Crossprocessed max 8 sample posted

Justin Lovell

Just shot this super 8 behind the scenes footage on a RED short I was on for Bravo!

Knew I was going to be in corn fields with lots of greens and yellows so took it as a great opportunity to have 64t reversal cross-processed in neg chemistry.

http://www.framediscreet.blogspot.com

It really makes those colors pop!

Shot on a Canon 1014xls, super duper 8/max 8. Letterboxed to 16:9. Some vingetting at certain focal lengths, I also had the lens hood on which doesn't help the problem. (was framing for 4:3, but figured what the heck, I can transfer it at 16:9 full frame so i will!)

• 2 weeks later...
Just shot this super 8 behind the scenes footage on a RED short I was on for Bravo!

Knew I was going to be in corn fields with lots of greens and yellows so took it as a great opportunity to have 64t reversal cross-processed in neg chemistry.

http://www.framediscreet.blogspot.com

It really makes those colors pop!

Shot on a Canon 1014xls, super duper 8/max 8. Letterboxed to 16:9. Some vingetting at certain focal lengths, I also had the lens hood on which doesn't help the problem. (was framing for 4:3, but figured what the heck, I can transfer it at 16:9 full frame so i will!)

That looks fantastic! Too bad they shot the short on a RED camera when they could have had you shoot it on super 8. I've been looking to super 8 to give ma a gritty kind of 1970s spaghetti look and I think this nails it. Do you think Spectra will do cross-processing?

The film looked super slick on the red, and that's what they were after.

Spectra: Call them and ask about cross-processing, can't hurt and its good to build relationships with the labs.

I get most of my normal and custom processing done at niagara custom lab. www.niagaracustomlab.com 416 504 3927 in Toronto.

Often posted rates aren't always what you end up paying, even when buying film stock. That's why its good to build those relationships.