Anaporphic lenses for 16mm

Guest moortysnb

• 2 weeks later...
Guest moortysnb
Talk to JDC in London - they have a set that goes all the way out to (I think) 18mm, PL mount.

Dear Dan,

Thankyou for the information about anamorphic

lenses for 16mm cinematography,

The JDC-London is only a rental house,

Actually I want to BUY Anamorphic lenses

for my Eclair NPR,

with regards,

Murthy S.N.B.

• Premium Member
Actually I want to BUY  Anamorphic lenses for my Eclair NPR,

Do you think that's a good investment? Anamorphic 16mm is not very widespread application, especially lab work (for a film finish) is complicated. Also there is no real advantage over letterboxing Super16.

There is a guy in France called Thierry Tronchet who has an anamorphic adapter to fit in front of spherical 16mm primes. You might want to look into that, since that way you wouldn't blow money on expensive anamorphic lenses that might not get used a lot.

In addition to lenses you also need to get an anamorphic viewfinder for your camera.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest moortysnb
Do you think that's a good investment? Anamorphic 16mm is not very widespread application, especially lab work (for a film finish) is complicated. Also there is no real advantage over letterboxing Super16.

There is a guy in France called Thierry Tronchet who has an anamorphic adapter to fit in front of spherical 16mm primes. You might want to look into that, since that way you wouldn't blow money on expensive anamorphic lenses that might not get used a lot.

In addition to lenses you also need to get an anamorphic viewfinder for your camera.

Off course when you are on no budget feature film production

and hope for a theatrical release and go for a limited blowup

35mm cinemascope prints it is a calculated bet,

can you give me the email address of Thierry Tronchet of

France,