Commercial Shoot

Rolfe Klement

• Premium Member
any chance of a lighting diagram? I mean, I can guess how you did it, but it's nice to see if I'm right.

Look at the catchlights in her eyes. Those tell you exactly what was happening in the studio.

Maybe for you guys. . .I'm still curious to see the setup. Here's my guess. I guess if it's right, then never mind.

So he says a 2K. . .I guess that's the light in her eyes? Place directly in front of her, slightly higher than eye level (judging by the nose shadow). He mentions a bounce board. . .I guess that is underneath, somewhere, bouncing back a little something to fill the shadows left by the source? And then maybe some huge floppies for the neg fill, one to each side of her face.

Either that, or the 2K is on the floor, pointed up at the bounce board, which is overhead, casting the light on her face. But that nose shadow looks awfully sharp for a soft source.

Or I'm way off on the first two. Any of these is entirely possible.

So back to my black tunnel idea and a hard 2k - this still shows the studio for earlier shots with a 7ft octodome - basically replaced the octodome with the DP light

Basically black all around her outside of shot - a 2k dp light above and to left of camera- open light - no filtration and barn doors shutting it right down

A bounce board just below camera and a dark brown wall behind - a hair dryer below the bounce board pointing at her nose

Some stills of the studio and other shots (with octodome)

Camera goes in gap between bounce board and Octodome

post-2211-1225899776.jpgpost-2211-1225899755.jpgpost-2211-1225899742.jpg

thanks

Rolfe