Lighting DVD Suggestions

Hi all,

I have been attempting to learn as much about working with light as possible. Within the past few months I have read various book recommendations such as John Alton's 'Painting With Light', 'Hitchcock Truffaut', and 'The Five C's Of Cinematography'.

I am now looking for a more visual way to learn. Can anybody please suggest a dvd that they found helped them? I realize a lot of you are going to say "the best way to learn is to watch your favorite movies and find out how they lit them". I totally agree. I still would like to see a real light training dvd though. There are so many out there, please suggest a good one! Thanks very much.

Evan

Hi all,

I have been attempting to learn as much about working with light as possible. Within the past few months I have read various book recommendations such as John Alton's 'Painting With Light', 'Hitchcock Truffaut', and 'The Five C's Of Cinematography'.

I am now looking for a more visual way to learn. Can anybody please suggest a dvd that they found helped them? I realize a lot of you are going to say "the best way to learn is to watch your favorite movies and find out how they lit them". I totally agree. I still would like to see a real light training dvd though. There are so many out there, please suggest a good one! Thanks very much.

Evan

The book "Reflections: twenty-One Cinematographers At Work" available through the ASC is a great book with practical information. It also includes a DVD with interviews from tons of DPs. You should check it out.,