DEALING WITH CARMOUNTS

buster burdette

post-37903-1228293341.jpgI have to do 2 camera angles with a carmount that suctioncups to the hood and sidedoor of the car. The hood shot has a very bad reflection off the front windshield. I used a polarizing filter and I'm driving in open road with no trees but i still get a bad relflection of the sky. It's usuable but any other tricks to help it?

MAINLY what I'm trying to figure out is when I have a side shot looking in from the passenger window I'm trying to figure out how to have the window down but not have my actress's hair blowing. Later in my film you see the ext. of the car in an accident and the windows are up. So the windows are supposed to be up. But if they are closed for the shot you'll see the reflection of the camera. Any ideas?

You could always flag it unless you want some reflection in the windshield then it's gonna be more of a problem, you'll have to shoot when the sun is right so as to not get the reflections, which will limit what hours you can shoot at, course you could always just turn the car around and drive the other direction so the sun is behind the car again unless there's something in the background you need to see or don't want to see, aside from that, the audience probably won't notice the difference if you use it after a cut to another angle. B)

post-37903-1228293341.jpgI have to do 2 camera angles with a carmount that suctioncups to the hood and sidedoor of the car. The hood shot has a very bad reflection off the front windshield. I used a polarizing filter and I'm driving in open road with no trees but i still get a bad relflection of the sky. It's usuable but any other tricks to help it?

MAINLY what I'm trying to figure out is when I have a side shot looking in from the passenger window I'm trying to figure out how to have the window down but not have my actress's hair blowing. Later in my film you see the ext. of the car in an accident and the windows are up. So the windows are supposed to be up. But if they are closed for the shot you'll see the reflection of the camera. Any ideas?

Build a tent of duvateen around the camera when shooting the passenger side. You can close the fabric in the top part of the door and gaff the lower half. problem solved. the front windshield issue should be reduced by the previous post.