65mm??????? Why cant I find Step Rings?

Patrick Clement

Hello Bolex friends!

So I love my H16 with a Pan Cinor lens.

But, It is too long for the stock Bolex Matte Box, and it is a round base camera, so I would need the flat base adapter to even connect a Matte Box should I buy one.

So I have been digging around to find a light LENS END filter holder.

I've found a couple nice cheap and light options, but I cant FOR THE LIFE OF ME find a 65mm step ring.

The Pan Cinor 70 has 65mm threads. I bought a 67mm just to see if it could work, but alas...no dice.

Has any one had any experience with this issue.

I cant find 62mm, I can find 67mm...but no 65mm???? Anyone have any ideas or MacGuyer style DIY's?

Thanks,.

Hello Bolex friends!

So I love my H16 with a Pan Cinor lens.

But, It is too long for the stock Bolex Matte Box, and it is a round base camera, so I would need the flat base adapter to even connect a Matte Box should I buy one.

So I have been digging around to find a light LENS END filter holder.

I've found a couple nice cheap and light options, but I cant FOR THE LIFE OF ME find a 65mm step ring.

The Pan Cinor 70 has 65mm threads. I bought a 67mm just to see if it could work, but alas...no dice.

Has any one had any experience with this issue.

I cant find 62mm, I can find 67mm...but no 65mm???? Anyone have any ideas or MacGuyer style DIY's?

Thanks,.

This lens like other Pan Cinors uses Series 8 drop in filters. I have the Pan Cinor 85 and I use the Series 8 filters on it.

Edited by Herb Montes

poop, they are threadless?

I;m going to do some research on them. Thanks a ton!!

Yes, the lens hood holds the filter in place. And they can't be stacked. The compact Pan Cinor zoom uses Series 7 filters as well. As it is is I use the gel filter holder built into my Bolex.