Life Coach

I'm kicking off shooting tomorrow on my first feature film(video). This was a surprise to me as I only came on board to this production yesterday when the director gave me a call. This is a total low budget film and I am a little worried about the production.

We are shooting on the director's camera, a Cannon XH A1 with DV tapes. I was a little disappointed about that but I guess it'll have to do. Also no 35mm adapter which he shot that idea of mine down because he cares more about the productions speed.

Also the lights. He has rigged up some of his own florescent light banks and 2 softboxes. He also has one reflector and two extra light stands but no sandbags. No grip kits but he has some clamps.

He wasn't planning on even having a DP he was planning on doing this whole production himself but I'm going to be calling some guys to pull favors for me at least tomorrow.

Also the filming schedule is a little more heckitic then I'm used to.

6 shooting days to make this feature.

Tomorrow we start off with 9 scenes at 5 different locations. I'm currently writing shot lists for each scene. He said that he wanted a basic master CU/CU for each scene but I'm breaking the scenes down and that's possible with most (though I'm going to add in some OTS for some) of them but some need significantly more.

Its also not so much the amount that we have to shoot In a day but the time frame we have to do it in I'm worried about. He is planning on about one scene per hour and at getting out probably by 8 or 9 at night the latest. This is far from how I feel it will pan out. Especially since we are shooting day and night scenes and starting at 9 am.

I'm going to try to pull some favors and get some lights and maybe a doorway dolly. Also I'm going to call people right after this for help. He said he already has a sound person.

I'll be posting updates as they happen. Wish me luck. Also any recommended settings for this camera would be helpful.