UV-lighting and smoke? UV and high speed?

• Premium Member

Has anyone had any experience with this? My worry is that the UV lighting might alight the particles and I'll get like a "white" out.

Also, there's a sequence where they want to shoot up to 1000fps with UV light and my gut reaction was that that's probably not possible to do due to the feeble output they have. Anyone have any experience with high speed and UV lights? What's doable?

• Premium Member
Has anyone had any experience with this? My worry is that the UV lighting might alight the particles and I'll get like a "white" out.

Also, there's a sequence where they want to shoot up to 1000fps with UV light and my gut reaction was that that's probably not possible to do due to the feeble output they have. Anyone have any experience with high speed and UV lights? What's doable?

UV does little to smoke alone. What effect do you want?

• Premium Member
I want to light UV-painted bodies carrying guns with laser sights. That's what the smoke is for - to pick up the beams.

Not a problem. The UV will give the smoke a light glow but the UV paint will stand out dramatically and beams will read real well. If you use atmospheric smoke, like oil, or light mist, it will not glow at all for the most part. Attached is a low rez shot of a room lit from above with UV, panels are Uv paint, a regular smoker did the room, and laser beams and small LED lights on vests. Smoke barely read.

post-3504-1231293783.jpg