Bell & Howell Super8 Model 311

Dave Lasayko

Happy New Year To All!

Just A Quick Post For Info.

I Just Purchased A B&H 311 Super 8 Camera Off EBAY In Excellent Condition. I want to shoot Black & White With It Primarily But Is There Any Chance 64T Color Could Be Used With Tweaking Or Faking Out The Camera's Auto Exposure Device To Give Any Acceptable Results? I'm New At This And Love Experimentation Of The Impossible....:) I Figure There Is Always A Way To Get Around Problems That Most Say Are Impossible to Solve. That Is Why We Have Sites Like This With Sharp People Who Love The Challenge Of Attempting To Beat The Odds On Restoring Classics Of The Past. Any Advice Will Be Greatly Appreciated!

Dave

Edited by Dave Lasayko

I'd estimate a 90% chance that you could stick a roll in with no adjustments whatsoever and it would come out fine. 1/3 stop doesn't cause much trouble on ektachrome and that's prolly what it would be out by.

Other colour stocks are available from wittner in germany including their version of k40. That would definately work and produces a much better image anyway.

I'd estimate a 90% chance that you could stick a roll in with no adjustments whatsoever and it would come out fine. 1/3 stop doesn't cause much trouble on ektachrome and that's prolly what it would be out by.

Other colour stocks are available from wittner in germany including their version of k40. That would definately work and produces a much better image anyway.

Thank You Will!

I appreciate your straight forward answer to the best of your knowlege. Thank you also for the tip on Wittner. You have opened a couple new doors for me on the camera and the film. Best wishes for the New Year!

Dave :D