Current Prices for 16mm Film

Guest Aaron Martin (TX)

Guest Aaron Martin (TX)

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a current price list available online from Kodak? I am trying to put together a budget for a short, and I asked Kodak to include a price list with my last order. They did not. I looked on the packing list that came with my order and and it does not list a price per unit, just the number of reels I ordered. My last order was a mix of 35mm and 16mm stock, so I can't figure out the price from just subtracting the cost of shipping and doing some simple division...

Thanks for your help,

Aaron

• Premium Member

Hi Aaron-

Find the kodak sales rep for your area and give them a call (see motion.kodak.com) The prices are negotiable with your sales rep- it depends on the project, the stock and how many feet you need.

Good luck!

Guest Aaron Martin (TX)
The prices are negotiable with your sales rep- it depends on the project, the stock and how many feet you need.

Thanks for your response. I did not know that the prices were negotiable. I've always just called the 800 number and just ordered raw stock -- and they would send a price list if you asked. I'll have to give negotiation a try.

Aaron

• Premium Member

If you just call the 800 # they can give you the standard pricing and start your budgeting with that... then if you negotiate a discount you'll be ahead.

If you're buying in bulk for a project then you can start negotiating with your rep but don't expect major discounts if you don't have an established relationship.

prices are absolutely negotiable. i had a producer friend who told me about a story from the early 90's when he was making a film, and he called kodak and was like "hey, im doing a short film, we're expecting a lot of buzz on the festival circuit. how much free film can you give me?" and the rep said none, so he said "oh really? because s-and-so over at fuji said they could get me 10,000ft for free.". the rep thought for a minute, and said he could get them 12,000 for free. granted this was almost 20 years ago, so who knows what would happen today. but film is negotiable.