Is Red 4k Anamorphic Worth it?

Antonio Cisneros

Hey All

I have a shoot coming up in May where we are considering Red 4k Anamorphic. We are either going to use Elites, Hawks, or JDC lenses. I would love to hear differing opinions because the Red is really designed around spherical lenses and plus you are not using the full chip. This makes me nervous. I've seen great digital anamorphic on the Genesis but not the Red. If anyone has references I could see or tell me about their experiences with this set up that would be great.

Would love to hear all opinions.

Thanks

Hey All

I have a shoot coming up in May where we are considering Red 4k Anamorphic. We are either going to use Elites, Hawks, or JDC lenses. I would love to hear differing opinions because the Red is really designed around spherical lenses and plus you are not using the full chip. This makes me nervous. I've seen great digital anamorphic on the Genesis but not the Red. If anyone has references I could see or tell me about their experiences with this set up that would be great.

Would love to hear all opinions.

Thanks

No way dude! Just shoot 4K and frame for 2:35 and crop! Are you finishing in HD? If so, it's even more of a no brainer.