Beyonce New Music Video

Dan Roberts

possibly cleaned up in post for the full white look, but its all in-camera lighting. Only two good looks for the wide shots, the circle spot look and the full white... yawn...

I love the grayed out look of the closing images with the key from the left and the back quarter edge from the right, but it doesn't work well for the wide shots, lots of crossed shadows which doesn't make a clean look on the floor.

Lots of unintentional flares and a few of the full white syc shoots are kicking back into the lens and washing out the blacks. A bit sloppy for a near one'r.

ok cool, would there have been any aperture pulls when they switch to the full white or anything like that?

If done correctly, no. The exposure should be a constant between the different looks. Don't get me wrong, I love the organic changes and I really love the fact that it was out of the box, but the execution fell apart for me. If timed better where the camera was in tighter on those other looks not showing all the cross shadows would have been killer...