Lighting School?

Hello, I'm a high school student intresting in lighting. I was wondering where in Los Angeles(CA), is there a lighting school that i can go to?

i'm not aware of any lighting schools outside of Film Schools. periodically the ASC will have master lighting classes, but i think there's a hefty cost to attend them. try contacting Shaun Dixon at Mole Richardson. they have basic lighting seminars for film school students and every once in awhile an ASC DP will teach a class. Birns and Sawyer has seminars about every six months or so. i think that's about it really.

Mole Richardson is exactly where you can go. It's not so much aesthetics as it is learning the different units and the math behind powering them. I've only attended a seminar Larry Parker held at Chapman, but I'm sure there are plenty of people here on the forum that attend the seminars and help out at Mole Richardson.

i'm not aware of any lighting schools outside of Film Schools. periodically the ASC will have master lighting classes, but i think there's a hefty cost to attend them. try contacting Shaun Dixon at Mole Richardson. they have basic lighting seminars for film school students and every once in awhile an ASC DP will teach a class. Birns and Sawyer has seminars about every six months or so. i think that's about it really.

Mole Richardson is exactly where you can go. It's not so much aesthetics as it is learning the different units and the math behind powering them. I've only attended a seminar Larry Parker held at Chapman, but I'm sure there are plenty of people here on the forum that attend the seminars and help out at Mole Richardson.

Thanx for the school names guys. I did a search and found this website.The classes will give me a idea what is lighting about and it's free.

As a 728 member, the best way to learn our business is hands-on. Yes film school will give you bigger vocabulary and more technical knowledge, but hands-on knowledge will help you get jobs and get in the business. Your best place to start is at a rental house. There are several in LA and after the actors sign a contract will be the best time to learn the business as it will be busy.