super 8 processing tanks urgently needed

Will Cummock

straight 8 are hoping to hold a super 8 workshop with processing next weekend. unfortunately tanks are proving really hard to come by. does any one have one or better still two we can use please? preferably 15m spiral tanks.

will

You need S8/16 x50 ft tank, LOMO, UPB-1, UPB-1A

send me letter on olex.camera@gmail.com

straight 8 are hoping to hold a super 8 workshop with processing next weekend. unfortunately tanks are proving really hard to come by. does any one have one or better still two we can use please? preferably 15m spiral tanks.

will

Hello Will,

I have a Russian Omo 8 and 16mm tank that I would be willing to rent / sell to you.

Could you let me know how much you would consider paying.

Cheers

Dave

If you manage to buy one will, make sure you tune it before use. The space for the films needs to be 9 to 9.5 mm and even all the way around. To do this, shave the hubs with a chissel or pack them with plastic tape.

email me if you want to discuss that.

richard

Hello Will,

Have checked the spec on the tank and it can do 2 x 8 and 1 x 8mm reversal and 16 and 8mm negative the max length is 10m. Is this what you are looking for? It has also got instructions and a film splitting trimmer. Anyway if you are interested you can email me at davidjamesburden@hotmail.co.uk or call me on 07548215232.

Cheers

Dave

If you manage to buy one will, make sure you tune it before use. The space for the films needs to be 9 to 9.5 mm and even all the way around. To do this, shave the hubs with a chissel or pack them with plastic tape.

email me if you want to discuss that.

richard

If we told about spirals of UPB tanks, the groove depth of spiral for film = 2.3 mm.

And the size 9...9.5 mm can be good.

Yes, a some middle spirals of UPB ask of decrease of central seating diameter from lower side and

adjust of distance between lower and middle disks.

This is versions of disks had tanks made at 1990..1992.

The more old tanks had more high precision of production.

The upper disk can have deformation of area of bearing too and can work fine for load Super 8 films and do not work with 16 mm films.

Any case, the test of spiral with film can show of all.

The old version of LOMO spiral tanks for 8mm, 2x8, 2x8S films had single spiral for film of length 10.5 m.

This is tanks have two rubber hoses.

(UPB-1, UPB-1A, S8/16 x 50 ft tanks have double spiral and have one rubber hose ).

You can search of additional information about procedure of loading film into spiral on pages of my site :

http://www.geocities.com/cinetank/

The site have information about home film processing too.

You can send questions on my new email olex.camera@gmail.com