Future films shooted on IMAX

Yusuf Aslanyurek

Well, some actually do have a story... like 3-D WINGS OF COURAGE or (a favourite of mine) THE LAST BUFFALO or ACROSS THE SEA OF TIME.

The problem with IMAX films is that they have to please everybody because production and exhibition is so expensive. Haven't seen an IMAX film that really excited me for years, especially because I hate people preaching down to me. Like BLUE PLANET, which is visually splendid, but oh if I only knew how to cancel out the terrible, terrible voiceover narration that tells me to be nice and not destroy our blue planet.

And read the credits - who sponsored this movie? Lockheed Martin, I mean, a manufacturer of Pershing missiles and jet fighters tries to tell me about preserving life and nature?!? :huh:

I like the IMAX experience, and 3D was great, but somehow most IMAX films tend to send me asleep fast.

But to be fair, most IMAX theatres are located in museums or popular scientific locations, so the films need to be suitable for small children and people of any kind and taste. IMAX DMR movies (standard 35mm rendered by a special process to 15-perf, like MATRIX REVOLUTIONS or SPIDERMAN) seem to be another thing, but I didn't see a DMR release yet, and you asked for films SHOT in IMAX, not released....

Edited by Christian Appelt