16mm reversal stock - for free!

I am giving away Eastman Ektachrome 16mm stock, about 10 years old.

Most of it is in 100ft. rolls, a few rolls of 200ft. length., maybe about 40 to 60 rolls in total.

Some years ago a lab closed down, and they had raw stock in store. I took it before they trashed it, then I put it in a film storage vault where it has been sitting for the last 8 years at 6 degrees Celsius and 30% humidity. Most of it is still sealed, however I don't know what to expect when you use it.

Anybody out there who likes to experiment with color reversal, or wants it to do mag tests or whatever? You can pick it up at Frankfurt, Germany or you pay the shipping.

If anybody wants it, I will go to the storage vault and check how much of which stock number type is available.

Did I say it's FREE? B)

Edited by Christian Appelt

HI Christian,

I will be happy to have reversal stocks, I just finished shooting a short film with reversal and had interesting experiments with those. Let me check how can I pay for the shipment and get back to you.

thanks,

Ariel Glikson.

arielglikson@hotmail.com

I am in DESPERATE need of VNF film of any type. I am shooting a documentary solely on VNF and my source has dried up. Please please please let me have some!!! I'll be willing to pay both for the film and for the shipping. I am an ultra low budget filmmaker and VNF is all I can afford. I don't even have a computer to edit with, so color reversal is a must. Also any film over the length of 100 feet would be great. I shoot with an Auricon, which feels slightly overweight with a 1200 foot mag with only 100 feet of film in it. Please get back to me as soon as possible as I have imminent need for VNF to shoot basketball clips with.

My email is: ErinsPole@aol.com

Thank you so much for your gracious offer. I was loosing hope at ever completing my project and you have given it a new life.

~Karl Borowski

Hi Christian,

I am also very interested in your kind offer and, if there are still rolls remaining, would be very grateful to get my hands on some.

I'm in Australia but would be more than happy to pay for shipping if there is any available.

My email address is

aopdam@gmail.com

Thanks again.

• Premium Member

Unprocessed film that is ten years old will have some changes in characteristic, even if it was stored at 6 Celsius in the original packaging. Natural radiation will affect the faster films first, usually with some increase in graininess and a decrease in the D-Max (black densities). I suggest running tests of the old stock first, to evaluate the changes.

I am giving away Eastman Ektachrome 16mm stock, about 10 years old.

Most of it is in 100ft. rolls, a few rolls of 200ft. length., maybe about 40 to 60 rolls in total.

Anybody out there who likes to experiment with color reversal, or wants it to do mag tests or whatever? You can pick it up at Frankfurt, Germany or you pay the shipping.

Did I say it's FREE?  B)

Hi...

I'll pay shipping. I have a Cinevoice CM 72 Auricon that takes 100 ft rolls. That camera would love to have some older film stock in it!

I'll take 25 rolls of the 100ft. Or if many folks are asking, I'll take 10 rolls. Or what ever you can spare (I don't want to be a pig about it) I can pay you with paypal, or any way you like. What works out best for you, is fine with me.

My address in the USA:

Jack Honeycutt

2131 N. Dekum St.

Portland, OR 97217-5330 USA

I'll take normal, first class shipping. Tell me how much moeny to send you, and I will paypal you, or pay you in what ever way you like.

A true gentleman! I hope I am not too late!

Sincerely,

Jack Honeycutt

Portland Oregon

Hello,

my name is Olivier, just ordered a K3 (come from a heavy DV background :-) and not having much money, it would be great if I could even one or two rolls of anything to experiment a bit. Of course, I'll pay for the shipping and everything.

Here's my e-mail: olivier@anotherstateofmind.be

Thanks a lot !!!!

Olivier

www.anotherstateofmind.be

www.marlathemovie.com (homemade MINI35 short film)

Christian, WOW! What a great deal you got going here! Very hard to believe! :o I can't wait to see what you have. I have just gotten a B&H that takes 100ft loads. Would love to get old stock in it to just run test. I'll take anything really, maybe 3 rolls. Again like everyone else, I'm waiting and again thanks for this great offer. I will gladly pay for shipping for the film over here to the USA. I hope there is enough to go around to everyone. :) Thanks again and let us know what ya find.

Cohen Phillips

cohenfilm@gmail.com

Edited by HTTK

Hi Christian!

warum so kompliziert?

ich wohn zwar nicht mehr in deutschland, sondern in kanada, aber eine freundin von mir wuerde es bestimmt fuer mich in frankfurt abholen kommen, wenn du willst.

ich bin erst vor 3 monaten aus berlin weggezogen und bin jetzt in montreal. naechstes jahr im april komme ich wieder zurueck, geld verdienen und so.

also, wenn du dir diesen ganzen aufwand sparen willst, wuerde ich dir (bzw. meine freudin) gerne das ganze gewicht der schweren filmdosen abnehmen! :)

also, bis dann!

Gabi

Guest luisalazar

hallo christian

also, if not too late, i would like to get my hands on a few rolls of the 16mm stock. i´m a cinematography teacher in northern spain and would like to shoot a few tests with my students.

please, let me know how many rolls i could get and how do we go about shipping and all of that.

thanx a lot.

luis

Was just wondering if you'll get the list done before New Years? Would love to get a few rolls for the new year. Just checking up with you again Christian.

Still completing the list, I was surprised to find additional short ends and negative stock that I didn't remember any more. We'll see what else turns up!  :)

Christian,

I, too, would be greatly appreciative of any Reversal you might be willing to offer...providing I'm not too late on the deal! I'm soon to be reunited with my camera after years of delay and am eager to shoot! Thank you for making such a kind offer to those in need!!!

Many thanks,

Diana

:)

Is this the old Ektachrome or the new stuff?

It is VNF (Video News Film) #7250 (tungsten 400ASA/daylight 250 ASA) and #7240 (tungsten 125 ASA/ daylight 80ASA).

PLEASE NOTE:

The first shippings go out these days, some people have not confirmed the shipping charges. When they have, I will contact anybody who posted here by PM, because then I know how much is left. Thanks for your patience!

:)