QRS/DeVry Model B

Dave Lasayko

Greetings All,

I just accuired a QRS/Devry Model B 16mm camera off EBAY in excellent condition. Would anyone have any information or background on this camera? I think it is one of the most unique and neatest vintage cameras I have found. Any history or operational information on it would be greatly appreciated.

Dave :D

Edited by Dave Lasayko

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I know this post was a little while ago, but I had a similar experience with this weird and fascinating camera.

It's a piece of history, the 1928 DeVry QRS model B. Weirdest part, it is convertible into a projector.

Mechanically, it appears to be something that would be completely indestructible. The apertures are (roughly) 3.5, 4.5, 8, and 16.

The Graf Cine f/3.5 32mm lens isn't too bad, and I was easily able to unscrew mine out the front for cleaning, and return it part way for a focus closer than infinity. Oh, by the way, screwed all the way in appears to be roughly infinity focus "unadjustable" but I have been able to focus it quite a bit closer to the shutter (which is in front) with no problems. I did make some shims that go under the lens, but you could always temporarily lock the threads in place with a dot of nail polish or something.

It cost about $39 new, which was probably just under $600 today, and appears to shoot 24fps. Unloaded, mine runs a bit under 25fps very consistently.

I certainly hope you get some use out of it. Such a wonderfully odd bird!