This is my resume

Guest Steven Reed

Guest Steven Reed

Steven Reed Electrician / Grip

511 Girard Blvd. SE Apt. P Cell (575) 405-0306

Albuquerque, NM 87106 Other (575) 405-0305

Film Production Credits

Rigging Electrician / Utility Technician- The Men Who Stare At Goats(2008, Staring Men, Inc.)

Rigging Electrician – In Plain Sight (2008, Northern Entertainment)

Rigging Electrician (Day Player-7 days) – Easy Money (2008, Sub-Prime Productions, LLC)

Rigging Electrician / (Electrician Day Play–2Days)– Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (2008, Di Bonaventura Pictures)

Rigging Electrician/ (Electrician Day Play–3Days)-Breaking Bad–Season 2 (2008,Sony Pictures Television)

Rigging Electrician – Project Angel: Terminator Salvation (2008, The Halcyon Co.)

Rigging Electrician—Observe and Report (2008, Adobe Pictures, Inc.)

Electrician (2nd Unit –Legion (2008, Bold Films)

Utility Tech – Project Angel: Terminator Salvation (2008, The Halcyon Co.)

Rigging Electrician (Day Player-7Days)-Love Ranch (2008, Capito Films/Bontempo Productions)

Electrician - Without Borders (2008, Second Slate Films)

Best Boy Electrician – Wicked Lake (2007, Fever Dreams, LLC)

Best Boy Rigging Electrician / Electrician – The Burning Plain (2007, Kable Productions, LLC)

Rigging Electrician – Game (2007, Kable Productions, LLC)

Grip – The Genre Project, Indiana Jones 4: The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2007, Paramount Pictures)

Best Boy Electrician - “Boom” Military Training Video. (2007, Arrowhead Center Productions)

Electrician (Day Player – 5 Days) – The Lost Room (2006, Lionsgate/Motel Man Productions, Inc.)

Rigging Electrician – Prime Directive aka Transformers (2006, Dreamworks)

Electrician - “100 MPG” (45 min. HD short). (2006, NMSU Creative Media Institute)

Commercial Production Credits

Electrician - Wendy’s Restaurant commercials (2007, Harvest Films)

Electrician - Four :30s Commercials. Ameriprise Financial. (2007, Tight Productions)

Best Boy Electrician - 3 :30s commercials. (PNM) "Sky Blue" Wind Energy. (2006, Sterling Productions)

Best Boy Electrician - 4 :30 s commercials. Bill Richardson for Governor NM (2006, Murphy, Putnam, Shorr & Partners)

Best Boy Electrician -. Four :30s commercials. Patricia Madrid for Congress NM. (2006, Murphy, Putnam, Shorr & Partners)

Union Classes & Certifications

Licensed Balloon Lighting Operator.

“Aerial Lift and Fall Protection” Certified

Picture Car Rigging. Funded by NM Film Office.

Completed General SafetyTraining and Hand & Power Tools Safety Training for the Film Industry.

Professional Affiliations

IATSE Local 480

About

Film Technician Training Program—Dona Ana Branch Community College, 2005-2006

References

Mike Lamb, Key Grip/Gaffer

IATSE Local 480

Hmm... I would change "Film Production Credits" to read something like "Narrative Production Credits" since today the term "Film" is so ambiguous. It would help to cover everything in that section, since you have things that are both features and shorts as well as both digital and film (the media). And that distinguishes it from the commercials in the next section.

Also might want to stick something about OSHA or something next to "Aerial Lift and Fall Protection" Certified" if that applies to you. That's what I did on my resume... I think it makes it sound more professional, or legit. (ie, certified by who?).

"Picture Car Rigging. Funded by NM Film Office" is a little vague to me... but that just might be because I'm all the way in New York and have no idea what there is in NM. Is this a course? A class? A 5-hour session, or a 4 month training? Something that you took? Something that you taught? Is there certification for it? An exam? I might just be a little naive on this issue, but I've found it helps to be as specific as possible, especially in an industry which takes you all over the country/world, where people may not know what exactly the NM Film Office offers.

Other than that, looks pretty good.

I'd like to ask a general question: what do people think about putting the production companies on their resumes? Steven has done it, and it looks good, but I personally don't do it on mine, and was considering it. What do you include?

I'd edit out the number of days that you worked on something. It's like you're worried someone will catch you trying to inflate your credits, when the fact is we're all too busy inflating our own credits to try to catch you! We're all "daily employees." If you get to an interview, then you can say you were a day-player ...