Kino vs. Biax

I have worked with both KinoFlos and Mole's Biax "Molescent" banks. I liked the Biax a lot, I thought it was an awesome piece of equipment. The thing is everywhere I go, I see Kinos. I just wanted to know how well tested are the Biax banks on set out there where it counts. Mole makes most of the stuff we use so, I don't think they would fail miserably with a fluorescent.

I bought one of the first Mole Biax's for 240V and it was rock solid.

It feels more solid then the Kino for me- but the Kinos are very good but some of their accessories feel really cheap (the barn door / snoot thing made of cardboard for their barfly light is an example)

thanks

Rolfe

• 1 month later...

The Mole Biax has the ballast attached to the light, which makes it harder to fly overhead.

Not impossible, just harder. The grid is silvered, which negates some of the directional power of the grid; which SHOULD be black. There MIGHT be a reason they are cheaper.

I work with a DP who when they came out, bought three of them, worked with them, & replaced them with Kinos, which he loves. He found out the hard way about the potential pains of being an early adopter.