Datavideo / Reflecmedia

Eve Cohen

Has anyone worked with either of these green/blue screens before? I'm told by the rental house that they don't require lighting... I'm heading there tomorrow to check them out first-hand, but wanted to see if anyone could offer any advice.

Thanks.

Eve

• Premium Member

I've used both and for some reason, on both occasions I got a semi transparant light grey (color) banding/rim rounding the subjects I was keying. And to make it worse, at the intersection where say the bottom of the neck met with the shoulder I got a double dark square at the join.

The only way I managed to get rid of the grey Halo (for want of a better word) was to have the talent stand against the material, which then makes any backlighting impossible.

Don't know if the systems have sorted this problem out but would be interested in seeing what you think.

As for lighting, correct, you don't need to light the blue or green screen but you do still need to light your talent and you will need a fair distance from camera to talent to stop the green/blue LED's lighting your talent.