question about the new FCC rules on white space

alfredoparra

the fcc has new rules coming this year, they sold the white space, a frequency air wave used to transmit your wireless Mics to the receiver, turns out your gonna see a lot of useless Lav mics on ebay soon! anyways, can anybody tell me what the new frequency is? im on the market for a lav mic and receiver, I dont want to buy something thats will be useless in a few months! Thanks!

the fcc has new rules coming this year, they sold the white space, a frequency air wave used to transmit your wireless Mics to the receiver, turns out your gonna see a lot of useless Lav mics on ebay soon! anyways, can anybody tell me what the new frequency is? im on the market for a lav mic and receiver, I dont want to buy something thats will be useless in a few months! Thanks!

The new frequency block is 470-698 MHz for UHF wireless mics. To my knowledge Sennheiser, Shure, and Lectrosonics have already updated their product lines to meet the new frequency requirements. There actually will be some useful UHF transmitters/recievers on the eBay, as they can be re-crystaled by the manufacturer to fit the new frequency block.

The new frequency block is 470-698 MHz for UHF wireless mics. To my knowledge Sennheiser, Shure, and Lectrosonics have already updated their product lines to meet the new frequency requirements. There actually will be some useful UHF transmitters/recievers on the eBay, as they can be re-crystaled by the manufacturer to fit the new frequency block.

Thanks for the info but im a little confused about 470-698 MHZ Im looking at the Azden transmitters on phphoto.com and the frequency reads like this 187.800 Mhz, so am I correct to say 187.800 is below 470-698 Mhz? im not sure if it gos in number order from low to high? is this frequency good to go?

Thanks!

Thanks for the info but im a little confused about 470-698 MHZ Im looking at the Azden transmitters on phphoto.com and the frequency reads like this 187.800 Mhz, so am I correct to say 187.800 is below 470-698 Mhz? im not sure if it gos in number order from low to high? is this frequency good to go?

Thanks!

You're probably looking at the VHF frequency Azden units, confirmed by B&H. The frequencies are ordered low to high, just as you said. 187.800MHz is a VHF frequency. I used to own a set.

Edited by Ross Neugeboren