K-40 in 16mm? Can I still buy it?

• Premium Member
Unless I misunderstood Kodak when I called them, they no longer sell K-40 in 16mm in 100ft spools.

Does anyone know where I can buy 16mm K-40 in the USA/Canada in 100ft spools? (single perf).

Thanks in advance.

Jack Honeycutt

Portland Oregon

It's still listed in the October 2004 catalog:

http://www.kodak.com/US/plugins/acrobat/en...amerafilm04.pdf

KODACHROME 40 Movie Film is a tungsten-balanced color reversal film designed for direct projection following processing. It is characterized

by extremely fine grain, saturated colors, high sharpness and excellent resolving power. KODACHROME Films have demonstrated

outstanding archival storage properties. EI 40 (Tungsten), EI 25 with 85 Filter (Daylight).

16mm CAT No. Sales Unit Min. Units

Perforated One Edge

KMA455 100 ft Camera Spool / Winding B 1R-2994 1402494 1 roll 1

It's still listed in the October 2004 catalog:

John....

Thanks for clearing that up for me. 99% of the time when I call Kodak to buy film, I get someone who is polite and knows their job. But the last time I called, I was told many of the films I was trying to buy were either out of stock (??) or were no longer offered. Can Kodak run out of stock??

I am happy you cleared this K-40 16mm stock issue up for me. I called back, got a very nice person on the phone, and she was able to sell me some. All she had to do was ship it from another location than the rest of my film order.

Jack

• Premium Member

Glad to have helped. Always good to check again. Normally the Kodak sales staff are very knowledgable, but we do sell a wide variety of products and services, so they may not have been familiar with everything in the catalog.