MPEG2 Program Stream with non-standard AR?

Dieter Vansteenwegen

Hi,

I'm a bit embarrased asking this question here, as with some research this question could be answered by myself.

I have no time, nore the software right now with me and need to come up with an answer and I can't find a clear answer right away.

For a fashion show I need to project 2 HD streams and 3 Picture-in-Pictures layered on top of that. MPEG2 (in a Program Stream) would be the coding of choice given the used soft-/hardware combination.

The HD is no problem, but the three pip's (925X694 pix, 462X809 pix and 925X520 pix) seem to be a problem. I thought we could just encode MPEG2 movies with these resolutions. It seems now, one can only code specific resolutions like SD and the HD resolutions.

I've done a quick test with procoder transcoding a videofile on my hdd, and it indeed gave problems in playback.

The other option would be to put each clip in a HD frame, but that would add up to 5 simultaneous HD streams.

As said, I don't have time to investigate properly right now but need to come up with an answer in the next hours. I'm hoping someone with some expertise could shine a light here...

thanks.

• Premium Member

Is there some reason you can't just precomposite all the PiP streams into the main HD one, then you'd only have two to worry about.

Of course, if you need to make changes to how things look during a live show, it could get more complicated. If you're in a hurry, you may just have to throw hardware at the problem.

P