Experimental Video Project

Usually, I don't like experimental films at all. I find them to be exercises without any real meaning. However, I very much enjoyed this. I don't know exactly what it means, but it is clearly purposeful. Your control of bokeh is masterful. Some of the images you created are beautiful and at once abstract and familiar. The way you edited them together and used sound in conjunction with them only furthered their effect. I appreciated that there was a clear arc to the video as well. I wasn't forced to sit through the basically the same thing for 80 seconds, it felt as if it changed and developed. The brief glimpse of the New York skyline at the end was great as well. It not only broke up the shots of the bokeh, but it was showed what you had used to create all these bokeh in the first place. Amazing.

This is something truly excellent. You should be quite proud.

• 3 weeks later...

Very nicely done. i love it. i like the rhythm of the film and the images, and how it is edited. i would've maybe used more white "emptiness" in between images, but of course its just an opinion.

again, nice job.