Hyper Gamma file names for 1500 camera

Richard Burton

I haven't worked with a 1500 for a while and couldn't find my notes on the hyper gammas. Can anyone give me the file names and what they represent? I think the order is #1 high con TV #2 Low con TV #3 High con film #4 Low con film, but I'd like to be certain.

Thanks,

Richard

I haven't worked with a 1500 for a while and couldn't find my notes on the hyper gammas. Can anyone give me the file names and what they represent? I think the order is #1 high con TV #2 Low con TV #3 High con film #4 Low con film, but I'd like to be certain.

Thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard,

I haven't got the manual for the 1500 but this is from the PDW700 Manual (Same head as the 1500)

GAM TABLE(HG) 1 to 4 Selects the hyper gamma type.

1: 325% to 100%

2: 460% to 100%

3: 325% to 109%

4: 460% to 109%

TV being 100% and "Film"being 109% Highlights 2 or 4 lowlights/shadows 1 and 3......... actually I'm just starting to look a the best way to use this, do you find that HG washes out image particularly the blacks and therefore needs to be graded?

Cheers,

Brad.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took a while to respond. You're right, but to put it a little more simply:

1# Low contrast lighting TV

2# High contrast lighting TV

3# Low contrast lighting Film

4# High contrast lighting Film

They do need to be graded, but you'll get much more range at both ends than shooting non H.G..

Thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard,

I haven't got the manual for the 1500 but this is from the PDW700 Manual (Same head as the 1500)

GAM TABLE(HG) 1 to 4 Selects the hyper gamma type.

1: 325% to 100%

2: 460% to 100%

3: 325% to 109%

4: 460% to 109%

TV being 100% and "Film"being 109% Highlights 2 or 4 lowlights/shadows 1 and 3......... actually I'm just starting to look a the best way to use this, do you find that HG washes out image particularly the blacks and therefore needs to be graded?

Cheers,

Brad.