Advice on Textiles for Overheads, Please

I'd appreciate some advice on what to start with in acquiring textiles for use with an overhead frame.

I have American Grip frame parts and 1" AL tubing in 6' lengths so that I can assemble either a 6'X6' or 12'X12' frame.

For starters I'd like to use the 6X mostly indoors for diffusion of one or more 1K tungsten fresnels or a 1200 W HMI through it to create a large soft source, but perhaps for some bounce of these sources too.

For starters I'd like to fly the 12X outside in bright sun to both diffuse and cut the light intensity but only enough to soften shadows and get rid of squinting. I don't want to cut so much light that actors look like they're standing in open shade instead of sunshine nor do I want a disagreeable difference between the exposure for the talent and the sunlit scene beyond the overhead. If the rag can also bounce sunlight decently, that is a plus.

I can buy grid cloth in 3 weights and silent or with a U.V. stabilizer that causes the fabric to make noise in the wind, and I can get artificial silk since I think China silk is too delicate. At this time I don't think I want muslin for a first go around because it cuts too much transmitted light. Later, I'll get some for bounce.

I'm looking at Advantage Gripware overheads because they're aggressively priced but I'll get what works best.

Advice on what to start with and maybe an order for future purchases based on usefulness for nets and muslin, etc. would be very much appreciated.

I'd appreciate some advice on what to start with in acquiring textiles for use with an overhead frame.

I have American Grip frame parts and 1" AL tubing in 6' lengths so that I can assemble either a 6'X6' or 12'X12' frame.

For starters I'd like to use the 6X mostly indoors for diffusion of one or more 1K tungsten fresnels or a 1200 W HMI through it to create a large soft source, but perhaps for some bounce of these sources too.

For starters I'd like to fly the 12X outside in bright sun to both diffuse and cut the light intensity but only enough to soften shadows and get rid of squinting. I don't want to cut so much light that actors look like they're standing in open shade instead of sunshine nor do I want a disagreeable difference between the exposure for the talent and the sunlit scene beyond the overhead. If the rag can also bounce sunlight decently, that is a plus.

I can buy grid cloth in 3 weights and silent or with a U.V. stabilizer that causes the fabric to make noise in the wind, and I can get artificial silk since I think China silk is too delicate. At this time I don't think I want muslin for a first go around because it cuts too much transmitted light. Later, I'll get some for bounce.

I'm looking at Advantage Gripware overheads because they're aggressively priced but I'll get what works best.

Advice on what to start with and maybe an order for future purchases based on usefulness for nets and muslin, etc. would be very much appreciated.

Steve,

Try the three silent grids, and a HIlight.

The highlight is close to hamshire frost, or shower curtains.

Also did you not get a hold of Jose?

Give me a PM.