Super8 Commercial

Juan Irache

speaking of super 8 ads, i saw one with sarah jessica parkers stinking perfume on tv today.

that sarah j parker stinky commercial and in the uk swift cover insurance with iggy pop both have some really rotten looking super 8.

not sure what is going wrong.

it would be easy to blame bush and cheney,but maybe it is obama's fault.

or maybe the productions are just letting directors shoot now. :blink:

What do yiu think about it? Anny reccomendations for the future?

it is good to see sync sound super 8,really nice work.

seems to be the usual unsteady cartridges on some shots.

did you use a beaulieu and was this a pro 8 film or kodak? .i think you should have played with the grading more.

and maybe ultrasonic clean of the film.

i wish we could get kodachrome back,dirt on reversal film looks so much nicer than negative.

here is my alonso job it was shot on arri d20

and i shot with 3 different super 8s with sections of fogged film.

this is a weird and long edit,i do not like it but check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxDKcZYgFKs

Yes, I used kodak 200t negative and no, I didn't do the ultrasonic clean, it was my fault. Anyway... I like the dirt, even if it looks better on reversal film. The telecine was done in Uppsala (Sweden) and I'm very satisfyed with it. I tryed to digitaly remove the vibrations, but it looked better unsteady.

The camera is a Canon autozoom 518, I faked the sound syncro by digitally recording the same sentences before, on stage.

Alan, the cinematography in your alonso ad is amazing! But I gotta say something.... That's not his voice! I can't see it without laughing!

Thank you for your advices, see you!

• Premium Member

''quote''

i wish we could get kodachrome back,dirt on reversal film looks so much nicer than negative.

Wittner still sell recut k40 in the super 8 cart and have stocks of ds-8 k40. I much prefer reversal over neg both in the super 8 and 16mm format, and totally agree with you regarding dirt on film, i find white crap on neg very annoying... Super 8 imo, is reversal, neg looks to modern for me.....

speaking of super 8 ads, i saw one with sarah jessica parkers stinking perfume on tv today.

that sarah j parker stinky commercial and in the uk swift cover insurance with iggy pop both have some really rotten looking super 8.

not sure what is going wrong.

it would be easy to blame bush and cheney,but maybe it is obama's fault.

or maybe the productions are just letting directors shoot now. :blink:

i wouldnt say the super 8 in the perfume ad was rotten, was good for the ad, shame it was a shitty ad. i really hate that woman, and i have no idea why.

Alan, the cinematography in your alonso ad is amazing! But I gotta say something.... That's not his voice! I can't see it without laughing!

he arrived in a private jet and a helicopter,was on set for 50 minutes and was in a very bad mood.

this was when lewis hamilton was getting all the attention.

i felt a little sorry for alonso a lot of pressure but he could not read the autocue or he did not want to.

the director would say 2 or 3 words and he would repeat,but it was bad.

the whole clip is strange but the man they got to dub was terrible.

by the way great work on your super 8 sync sound dubs..

you might want to look out for a company with BTS QUADRA Telecine machines these are old pre spirit machine but great s8 pictures.

this is an old sync clip from this machine..s8 cartridge quality was better in the old days this is pretty stable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o2FGm_FyXs

this is an old sync clip from this machine..s8 cartridge quality was better in the old days this is pretty stable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o2FGm_FyXs

I love that the Zoncster thought you were mad to shoot film instead of tape - did he know that you had shoved some Ilford XP2 into some super 8 carts? I mean that's extra. I love it though, I used it for stills back in the day but I wish I could shoot it cut down like this - fabulous! The Agfa is another mood - Oh how I would love to shove Agfa Ultima into a super 8 cartridge- well I can dream carnt I? :P

I much prefer reversal over neg both in the super 8 ... Super 8 imo, is reversal, neg looks to modern for me.....

I agree with you - and dare I say it, super 8 reversal shot with late 70's - early 80's lens technology looks more harmonious.