Avid Peak Level

Daniel Smith

Hi.

I recently edited some sound for a DVD I am making in Adobe Audition, I carefully set the levels and even put a -.1db limiter on the master fader which was set at 0db just incase.

However, now that I've put the audio into Avid it seems to be distorting for some reason.

Does Avid not read decimals in db's? ie. it's coming up to -.1db but Avid is reading it as 0db?

Not sure why this is happening but as this DVD is being sold it kinda needs to be technically correct.

Cheers.

Dan.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi.

I recently edited some sound for a DVD I am making in Adobe Audition, I carefully set the levels and even put a -.1db limiter on the master fader which was set at 0db just incase.

However, now that I've put the audio into Avid it seems to be distorting for some reason.

Does Avid not read decimals in db's? ie. it's coming up to -.1db but Avid is reading it as 0db?

Not sure why this is happening but as this DVD is being sold it kinda needs to be technically correct.

Cheers.

Dan.

Your audio might be so loud that the limiter itself is introducing distortion. Try turning down the volume of the audio and see if it still clips.