Adobe Encore - How to convert the resolution?

Daniel Smith

Hi.

Sorry I know this isn't the best place for this, it should be in editing ideally, but I just need an answer really quick.

I think I made a mistake in exporting a project as 1024x576 square pixel, Adobe Encore seems to read it and preview it absolutelly fine. However when it comes to building the DVD it comes up with an error that the resolution is not supported by DVD players. Obviously because it's keeping the resolution as 1024x576.

Is there any way within Adobe Encore CS3 I can convert this? I've looked through the transcode settings and nothing I change alters it (wherether I choose 4x3, 16x9 or w/e)

Or will I just need to re-export the video from Avid as 720x576(16x9 Anamorphic)?

Annoyingly I clicked the 'Check Project' and nothing was flagged up about the resolutions, so it encoded the entire project, then, flashed the error, and no DVD image was made.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Dan.

Edited by Daniel Ashley-Smith

• Premium Member

I never understood why Encore CS3 is so picky about the resolutions. For whatever it's worth I've used Encore CS4 and it doesn't have the same issues. I made a DVD with a myriad of different resolutions (even a 720p) and they all encoded fine.