New cinematography product I have made

Hi there,

While working as a director I have a developed a new cinematography product that I hope will be of some benefit to all. It has been prototyped, tested and has a patent pending but I would like to see what other potential users think of it? So, if you have 5 minutes I would be very grateful for your frank answers to the questions in this survey (it only has 19 questions!):

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=CCsI...K0Le3yi4w_3d_3d

Your help will be very useful for me, to decide whether to build more and go ahead!

All answers are confidential.

Many thanks, Nick

• Premium Member
Hi there,

While working as a director I have a developed a new cinematography product that I hope will be of some benefit to all. It has been prototyped, tested and has a patent pending but I would like to see what other potential users think of it? So, if you have 5 minutes I would be very grateful for your frank answers to the questions in this survey (it only has 19 questions!):

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=CCsI...K0Le3yi4w_3d_3d

Your help will be very useful for me, to decide whether to build more and go ahead!

All answers are confidential.

Many thanks, Nick

Sounds interesting but it seems like the kind of product that would be in vogue in music videos for a while and have a couple of forced-feeling uses in narratives and then fade away like the bullet time rigs. As long as you know that it's not the kind of thing that's going to get tons and tons of play time.

I agree with Chris, ultimately. But as a camera/tech geek, I think it still sounds kinda cool, albeit specialized. (which is OK. I mean look at the Slider, it's quite popular in NYC) I don't even know how critical it is to ask, "Will this be something people would want to use indefinitely, or just a fad?" The way things are right now, it seems like perhaps you'd be better off cashing in on a "fad" than on something that's meant to last. Especially with the RED and with everybody coming out with all these different ways to take advantage of digital technology and save money in the process, who knows, you could get a good run out of this product. I think the film industry is very impressionable right now. (That's not a bad thing, either)

I agree with all the above.

However, if there was a way that you could use the mount for different things like mounting it on people, vehicles and other objects you could be onto something big. I know this could be not easy to design and build at all, but you asked. When I buy or rent camera accessories, my main question is: can I use this for more than one thing? If the answer is not, usually it gets cut out of the budget, unless it is indespensable . . .