The Films of Blue November Creations

Guest captainchambers

Hey,

"""i don't wanna sound cliche, but i really don't think there is such thing as a terrible movie. sure, by technical standards, the "films" aren't up to par..but isn't it art after all? im sure there are people out there that will find these movies to be inspiring and what not."""

true. but in my humble opinion, a big part of the allure of a good movie is the fact that you are being presented with an uber-budget masterpiece that took hundreds of the most talented minds in the country to conjure up, or a humble low budget story filled with humanity and acted out by some of the most brilliant actors and

actresses in the world...something that you KNOW will look awesome projected on your local theater's gigantic projction screen, and that you can't imagine seeing on your 13" TV.

people flocked to see star wars, jaws, indiana jones, the lord of the rings, the matrix and countless other movies like these because for a measly 8$, they got to escape from reality and enter a colorfully (cleverly) fabricated world full of good vs. evil :blink: , love :D , fear :o and hope (damn...no hope smilies!)- things which don't always happen in people's ordinary day to day lives.

life is a sometimes painful learning experience which we have very little control over, but a well sculpted movie is perfect in many ways and can inspire you, broaden your horizons and restore meaning and purpose to an otherwise bland existence.

the majority of people who go to theaters are ordinary good people living ordinary lives in desperate need of some entrtainment, grandiosity, action and love.

also, don't forget that while most of us don't live our lives for the sake of saving a few bucks, there are people out there who won't pay 8$ to see a movie unless it gets fantastic reviews and tells a universal story (albeit cliche at times) they can relate to... <_<

most artists love movies, but so do most bakers, electricians, housewives, cops, high school kids, the homeless, starving children in africa and holocaust survivors.

with all due respect to people who choose to express themselves through film and have the world indulge in their point of view for a couple of hours, many screenplays, shorts and features that don't hit the mainstreal are left out because they simply do not appeal to most audiences, and if i'm the only one on this board that'll say then, yes...some movies are just BOOOORING and pointless.

('strangeland'/dee snider comes to mind... :angry: )

it's not cliche to say that you don't really think there's such a thing as a bad movie - the question is, do you really believe that? art begins with an idea, and lord knows we humans are infamous for having bad ones... <_<

a half-assed movie; one that was not a labor of love, one lacking in depth, creativity and technical know how can REALLY piss me off. it's not the 8$ that i could've spent on beer, but the fact that i psyched myself up for an EXPERIENCE - when all i got in return was a mess of some amateur filmmaker's anger, confusion, and inferiority complexes.

some people are SO self centered that they'll make a movie about an event or an opinion they hold as absolute truth above all else...but who's to say that i give a damn? they're not telling stories, they're venting at the expense of my precious after work hours wasted on their so called 'film'.

if i go to the Louvre, i want to see Da Vinci, Michaelangelo, Rembrandt and van Gogh.

I don't want to see what van gogh's adopted second cousin drew on her first day in kindergarten.

why?

because i would never dream of presenting my work to the public, TO THE REST OF THE WORLD FOR THAT MATTER, unless i felt that my story =deserved= to steal 2 hours from their short lives.

<and i'm somewhat of a perfectionist at times ( <_< ) so that might have something to do with it.>

-T