Loop formers

Jay Taylor

Hey,

Anyone know how to fix the loop formers?

Here's the problem. When I move the lever down, the loop formers move into place, but when I let go of the lever, they pop back open. Something's not clicking into place to hold the loop formers where they belong.

Anyone ever have this problem? Is it something I could fix on my own, or am I better off sending it somewhere?

Thanks,

Jay

Edited by Jay Taylor

Hey,

Anyone know how to fix the loop formers?

Here's the problem. When I move the lever down, the loop formers move into place, but when I let go of the lever, they pop back open. Something's not clicking into place to hold the loop formers where they belong.

Anyone ever have this problem? Is it something I could fix on my own, or am I better off sending it somewhere?

Thanks,

Jay

Hi Jay,

Maybe the loop formers are hitting the top or the bottom of the gate before it can reach the position where they lock in place.

Behind each loop former is a little screw. When you loosen it, it allows you to adjust the angle of the loop formers a little bit.

The loop former should lock just before they touch the gate.

Cheers,

Jean-Louis

Hi Jay,

Maybe the loop formers are hitting the top or the bottom of the gate before it can reach the position where they lock in place.

Behind each loop former is a little screw. When you loosen it, it allows you to adjust the angle of the loop formers a little bit.

The loop former should lock just before they touch the gate.

Cheers,

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis,

I'm going to try your suggestion and see if that helps. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks,

Jay

And…

It worked! I appreciate the help!

Jay

The slots that you've used to move the formers are big enough to make an adjustment that will make the loop one sprocket/frame bigger than it should be, make sure that aint the case or your loop may be hitting the loop formers just before every pull down ...

The other nasty way is just to bend the formers themselves - flimsy things ;)

The slots that you've used to move the formers are big enough to make an adjustment that will make the loop one sprocket/frame bigger than it should be, make sure that aint the case or your loop may be hitting the loop formers just before every pull down ...

The other nasty way is just to bend the formers themselves - flimsy things ;)

Hey Chris,

Well, what I noticed was stopping the formers from staying in place was the bottom one was hitting the gate. So when I adjusted it I only moved it far enough to just BARELY miss the gate, and allow the formers to click into place.

Does that sound about right?

Jay

Hey Chris,

Well, what I noticed was stopping the formers from staying in place was the bottom one was hitting the gate. So when I adjusted it I only moved it far enough to just BARELY miss the gate, and allow the formers to click into place.

Jay

Yeh, should be sweet ;)

Hey Chris,

Jay

Hi Jay,

That sounds right to me. Just make sure to load a length of dummy film through to check that the auto-threading is still as smooth and that you have a nice shaped loop.

Cheers,

Jean-Louis